JWST Master Class application
Please return this application to email@example.com, providing the following fields in PDF format, by 3 June 2019 at 17:00 CEST.
Please provide the following information:
- First/Given Name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Street Address
- City/ State/Zip Code
- Institution/ Organisation/ Employer
- Please indicate that you are available to attend the Master Class Workshop at ESAC in the first week of February 2020.
- Please confirm that if selected to attend the Master Class, you commit to running a local training event and to provide a final written report on the outcome of the event as a lesson learned for future initiatives.
Please also include in your application:
- A description of the local training(s) you will host as a JWST Master Class graduate. Logistics do not need to be confirmed, but you are encouraged to include an outline of specifics and how you will gain community support in advance .
- Is this a team application? If so, give the name and role of each member. Indicate any co-organisers and/or neighbouring/ partnering institutions, defined in a wide geographical context.
- Proposed location/venues, capacity/expected attendance and approximate dates/duration.
- A document demonstrating your ability and commitment to host local training(s) (e.g., a letter of institutional support, co-organiser names/affiliations etc.). Any other details you might have worked out at this time, such as recruiting participants, out-of-classroom support, in-kind support, etc.
- A description of your broad science interest. (1–2 sentences)
- Your plan to use JWST, including instruments/modes of interest. (3–4 sentences)
- A justification of why are you interested in becoming a Master Class participant. (1–2 sentences)
- A description of your previous experience of teaching/training and outreach activities. (3–4 sentences)
- Answers to the following questions:
- When the GO1 Call for Proposals was open in early 2018, were you preparing a proposal? What was your contribution to that JWST proposal?
- What is your level of familiarity with JWST proposal tools (e.g., previous participation in JWST workshops)
- What about the JWST proposal planning have you struggled with the most? (3–4 sentences)